What is the local pack?
The Google 3-pack displays the top three results for local organic results as shown below. It includes the Google Maps location along with Name, Address and Phone details.
What is the impact of being in the local pack?
This feature appears on 30% of all first page search results giving you greater exposure, higher click through rate, organic traffic and conversion, which translates to greater patient acquisition.
What are key ways to rank in the Google 3-pack:
- Confirm your GMB listing by verifying the code on the postcard that Google send to your practice address. They will send a card within 14 business days. If you do not verify the listing, you will not be able to easily update practice details, so this is critical.
- Add professional photos to your listing. A good rule of thumb is to have a minimum of three exterior practice photos and three interior practice photos. Also include photos of doctors, staff, waiting room, services and relevant equipment.
- At the end of appointments, ask patients if they can write reviews on Google. They should do this search from their own devices, given that Google may remove reviews if they are from the same IP address.
- Ensure that all listing information is accurate and updated if there are any practice changes. For example, imagine that you change your phone number and patients are directed instead to a dead line and they decide to call the next doctor down the list.
- Make sure that if you do choose multiple Categories that the first is the most relevant to your practice.
- Address all reviews both negative and positive. Other patients will look to negative reviews to see if you’ve responded and how you handle it can impact whether they deem it a valid claim or not. Responding to positive reviews is a great way to interact with your loyal patients, but also serves as content for Google to index you, so write informative information for that patient that can also serve others
- Add a Q&A to your listing, so that you can add relevant information on services, procedures, insurance, etc, which will help you get indexed for those searches
- Optimize your website for search including content, SEO and link authority. An optimized site, gives you greater relevance, authority and will help you rank higher in search. Content needs to be regularly optimized for search in order to evolve with Google’s algorithm and shifting healthcare trends. Technical SEO also directly impacts your ranking as it helps search engines to crawl and index your website and impacts the overall patient user experience. We don’t expect you to be both an incredible physician and specialist in SEO, which is why we are here to bridge our SEO expertise with our knowledge of the medical space.
Interested in learning more?
Feel free to contact us for a free consultation to get more informed about how you can be better optimized for search as it pertains to the 3-pack or otherwise.
Doctor Your Web direct line: (818) 201 – 4714